miércoles, 18 de enero de 2012

Mandela's Way

What do I take from Mandela's book?
That's quite complex; but, don't worry I'm not going to write a book about that. I'll just mention a few things. First, Know when to say know. From my point of view, Mandela is right when he says there's no point in postponing a negative answer: it can be worse. So I'll try to say "no" at the right time. Second, see the good in others. I don't completely agree with him about this idea of the goodness of people.You can sometimes get deceived. Maybe, you can think I'm not a good person, nevertheless I always have in mind the Spanish saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" and it sometimes turns out to be true. For me, it's quite difficult to trust people unless I know them very well. I know this is not a virtue, but we are not perfect; well, at least I'm glad I'm not perfect. Third, I totally agree with him when he talks about self-respect. We have to be proud of ourselves, of the way we are, the way we do things, ... Dignity is a very important concept for me. And we all have the right to be treated with dignity: treat everyone as you'd like to be treated. And... to finish, I would like to comment on the idea of love. Love is a must and it should be important and a necessity for everyone: we should love our family, our friends, our workmates, ... that is, everyone. To my mind, you receive what you give, so if you give love, you receive love or there will be more chances to receive love. But don't forget: love begins with ourselves: we have to love ourselves. I'll end up offering you two pieces of advice: Don't take anything for granted and First think, then act. I really like the book and I hope to get some benefit from the lessons Mandela taught us.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario